Basic information in English
GS1 SLOVAKIA was established as non profit not government association in 1993.
GS1 is a leading global organisation dedicated to the disign and implementation of global standards and solutions to improve the efficiency & visibility of the supply and demand chains globally and across sectors. The GS1 system of standards is the most widely used supply chain standards system in the world.
GS1 SLOVAKIA is the only organisation in Slovak Republic to allocate unique identifications numbers used in open supply and demand chain according to the licence agreement with GS1.
For more information on products & services offered by GS1 please visit web site of GS1.
Important information for potential members
- The communication language in GS1 SLOVAKIA is Slovak language.
- GS1 SLOVAKIA can only allocate GTINs, GLNs and other ID numbers within GS1 System to legal entities registered in Slovak Republic.
- Member of GS1 SLOVAKIA can vote and be elected as a member of management board. Member pays subscriptions according to The Law 366/1999 §20 paragraph 12, which determines the allowable amount of subscription from the tax base.
- Management Board determines the subscriptions according to The Statutes.
How to register
Internet & post
- fill in a contract on our web site (registration in Slovak Language* please click here.) and print out 2 copies - upon request we can provide you with contract in English
- send both copies signed by the statutory to GS1 Slovakia, Nanterska 23, 010 08 Zilina, Slovak Republic
- according to the information provided in the contract we will issue an invoice
- GTINs, GLNs or other ID numbers will be allocated after the account of GS1 Slovakia is credited
The registration can be carried out in person at the secretariat of GS1 SLOVAKIA by the statutory body or by person appointed in writing by the statutory body
To view a contact details please click here or send an e-mail to .
To view a map how to get to our office please click here.